Connect with

rsmv.net

click to copy IP
0 playing right now
RSMV.NET
Copied!

rsmv.net

0 players online / click to copy

RSMV was and still is the original home to the minigame X-Run, we have an extensive history and we have had many big YouTubers such as SkyDoesMinecraft and CaptainSparklez record here.

Donation StoreCLick here
Site DesignerIsaac
Featured onEnjin.com
Page
of 2

Shops

15 replies
[Member]
Votes:
Hey, super0cat here.
New to skyblock but from what i can see theirs still a way to make money from melons and most crops. Have you considered trading crops to villagers then selling the emeralds?

Pumpkin example;
straight pumpkin = $0.125/pumpkin
pumpkin to emerald = $31.25/pumpkin (with best pumpkin to emerald trade).
That's a 25000% increase.

I don't know crops sold for in the past, but I think you can still make good money.
Posted Mar 1, 18
[PRO]
Votes:
+3
That's a fair point. I never thought about villager trading. I just didn't understand (and was wondering why) crop sell prices went way down. My post above with the prices of the crops were what the prices were in the last skyblock version, except for mushrooms, because I didn't remember those off hand. The crop prices don't necessarily have to be what they were, but at least close to what they were, so people can just out right sell the crops, if they do not want villagers, or just don't have them.
Your resident Grim Reaper,

Damon
Posted Mar 1, 18 · OP
[Elite]
Votes:
+11
see, the villagers are a nice idea in theory, but needs a few things, A: villigers, and i cant get them because i cant afford anything to work with, B: a villager that will trade all the plants (or miltiple) and C:those villagers both staying alive, and not running out of trades.
not a terrible idea, but it has some flaws.
Posted Mar 1, 18
[Member]
Votes:
Villagers are easy enough to get if you do it right, just get a zombie villager to naturally spawn in a dark room, throw an item or armor at it so it won't despawn (if it cant pick up things then cure right away) then wait for another. Use a weakness potion on them then feed them a golden apple. After their cured make a villager breeder with the two(you can make the first trade on each for the first time in quick succession to force breeding given the conditions that their both fed and have a large enough village), and once they breed set up an infinite villager breeder with the third you just got.
you can make a weakness potion without netherwart and you can get the gold for the apples by killing pigmen, all that's left is doors for the village and some breeding food.

As for trades locking you can use some of the emeralds you get to refresh trades by purchasing food from them or alternatively making small farms for other crops and use them to refresh trades. If by some chance a villager gets completely locked you can easily get another assuming you've made the infinite villager breeder.

Edit: Forgot to mention that villagers have semi-set trades and as such all farmer brown-coats trade all the same crop items.

This can all be done from the very beginning of the game, costs virtually nothing ($ wise), and is infinitely renewable and would nets you lots of money right out the gate. All you need is a bit of time and some effort.

There are no flaws.
Posted Mar 2, 18 · Last edited Mar 2, 18 by super0cat
[PRO]
Votes:
+3
Well, you can do that, but there should be more than one way to make a profit in skyblock. Currently, the only way to make a good profit is by selling iron, gold, diamonds, emeralds, and coal. That, in my opinion, is not really fun, because you would have to play one way just to make money. If they decide to raise the crop sell prices close to what they were in previous skyblocks, that would bring another way to make a good profit, and, to me, a more fun way to make money inside skyblock.
Your resident Grim Reaper,

Damon
Posted Mar 2, 18 · OP
[Elite]
Votes:
+11
see there IS a flaw though, as more and more people find this, and make them easily, the server will put a cap ont hem, if not reset the villiger maker, as such, its essentially whoever gets it first, having heard/seen multiple on many islands, id say the window to get one easily is over, PLUS the fact that getting a z-villager will take more time than you'd think, just because other mobs can spawn as well, admitidly, you make a fair point, make no mistake, im not just trying to bash your solution, im just pointing minor flaws, overall nice job.
Posted Mar 2, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices