Connect with

rsmv.net

click to copy IP
0 playing right now
RSMV.NET
Copied!

rsmv.net

0 players online / click to copy

RSMV was the original home to the minigame X-Run, we have an extensive history and we have had many big YouTubers such as SkyDoesMinecraft and CaptainSparklez record here.

Donation StoreCLick here
Site DesignerIsaac
Featured onEnjin.com

A suggestion for Skyblock

6 replies
[Member]
Votes:
+2
With the new 1.12 Skyblock adding the Slimefun mod, I, myself, am not the biggest fan of having mods in the new Skyblock. I know I am not the only one who thinks that way, which gives me more reasoning to bring it up. I loved Skyblock when it was really basic, and had the infernal mobs in it. I was just wondering if there was a way that the staff could create the old Skyblock, with the infernal mobs, into 1.12. I suggest this because if people are looking for the Slimefun mod inside Skyblock, they could play that. Then, if people don't like the feel of the new Skyblock, they could go to the basic Skyblock and have fun there. We wouldn't have to drive the old Skyblock fanbase away that liked the feel of the basic Skyblock, and we could keep the group that likes the newer Skyblock, so we could appease both sides of the Skyblock audience.
Thanks for reading this! Hope to get a reply when you all are not busy and have time to consider this.
-BoomerSooner099
Posted Dec 3, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 3, 17 by Boomersoon...
List
Undo
[PRO]
Votes:
+40
First off, its a plugin not a mod (although I see what you mean on the behalf of its intention being to act like mods).
Also, I don't see why it should be driving anyone away. The sf guide is easily accessible and imo the plugin just adds something without forcing a change in the nature of the game.
That's just my two cents though and I haven't really ever played much Skyblock.
'Thanks for reading'
Hope you liked that signature. Subscribe for more signatures like this.
Posted Dec 3, 17 · Last edited Dec 3, 17 by SifuHephae...
[Member]
Votes:
+2
Good point. I am just making an assumption just off my own experiences and a few opinions I have heard/seen. I feel like the hardcore skyblock regulars wouldn't like the revamp of skyblock. I am willing to give it more time and see more opinions before reforming a new opinion about the new skyblock.
Posted Dec 3, 17 · OP
List
Undo
[Senior Admin]
Votes:
+16
as a staff member i can confirm that no one likes the revamp/resets of games at first. even i have to give it at least a few weeks before i enjoy myself again. when we reset skyblock the last time we did lose a few players because they didn't want to start over but they still loved the game and came around eventually. i understand your concern and glad you voiced it, and i'm happy you decided to give the game mode a little more time. i havn't been able to play it yet, so lets both hope its not as bad as we may think.
928613.gif
Posted Dec 5, 17
List
Undo
[PRO]
Votes:
+3
I am going to give my opinion on this, since I played Skyblock all day, everyday, when I got on the server. The basic Skyblock (before infernals) was a lot of fun, and the normal people who logged on to Skyblock all the time, like me, made the experience so much better. When the infernal mobs mod was introduced, Skyblock was even more fun, since killing mobs was more important and the loot tied with them made you want to grind out long sessions of killing the mobs for those unique gear pieces. Now, with the Slimefun plugin introduced, I, myself, am having a hard time wanting to stay on to play Skyblock with the changes it brought. I love the shop as a mall. It is cool to see, but my problem is how different the prices got with everything the shop offered, compared to how they were in the past. I feel like, in my opinion, that it is so much more difficult to do anything to start off. The sell prices went way down to where it seems like you can't sell anything to seem like you are making a profit. I am, most likely, one of the very few people to feel this way, but that is just my take on it. I much prefer the bare-bones Skyblock, including the infernal mob mods with it.
Thank you for your time.
Your resident Grim Reaper,

Damon
Posted Mon at 09:56 am
List
Undo
[Co-Owner]
Votes:
+56
Imma clear up some few things and changes.

1. Slime fun is still completely optional. You don't even have to touch it to play skyblock. It only adds tools you can use but it does not mean you have to use it. Don't want to deal with it. Just throw the book away and ignore what people say regarding dirt.

2. SkyMall only exist cuz there was actually not enough space in the original shop area to sell all the items people want. The sell and buy prices in SkyMall are subjected to change because we completely forgot what the old sell/buy prices were.

3. The ore spawning in the cobble generator is from the skyblock plugin itself not slime fun. That is being nerfed heavily due to abuse.

4. Almost all the config and settings are from from old skyblock and as mentioned before we totally forgot the old buy/sell prices of stuff for the shop so they are still being adjusted.

Nothing is completely set in stone and like the beginning of old skyblock, things are still being adjusted to mix the old and the new.
Posted Mon at 10:32 am
List
Undo
[PRO]
Votes:
+3
Ah, I see. Sorry about my comment, then. I didn't know the problems behind the new shop prices. I just thought that you all were just changing how Skyblock worked with the Slimefun plugin. I just wanted to voice an opinion, to express how I felt about the new Skyblock, but I now see that my comment was kind of ignorant in a few ways. My bad for the misunderstanding.
Have a good day.
Your resident Grim Reaper,

Damon
Posted Mon at 10:40 am
List
Undo
NoticeNotices